5221 Windham Way
Rocklin, CA 95765-5311
Phone: 916- 295-3044
SELECTED SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Experienced engineer with strong software, hardware and networking background with a proven record for resolving test issues in high volume manufacturing and a variety of customer support issues. In-depth knowledge of computer architecture and software, with extensive experience in MSDOS, Windows, NT, CE, XP and networking. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, prioritize events to maintain an even workflow, and coordinate multiple projects with various vendors, including Microsoft and Citrix.
· Developed effective, positive support skills including product specification and development, software architecture, design documentation, sales support, and customer interaction/support for customers in both the consumer and commercial sectors.
· Proficient at integrating software and hardware for desktops, laptops and servers.
· Developed custom diagnostic software and hardware to enhance product reliability.
· Completed ISO 9000 training and developed corporate ISO procedures.
· Network supervisor for 3.11 and 3.12 Novell networks used in manufacturing personal computers.
· Familiar with many bus technologies, network topologies and protocols, including RDP and ICA.
· Adjunct instructor for Lake Michigan Community College, teaching software and hardware related classes.
· Taught digital trouble-shooting techniques on airborne missile and navigation systems for the USAF.
PC compatible desktops and laptops, multi-processor servers, EISA, ISA, PCI, PCMCIA and USB bus architecture; Intel microprocessor and microcontroller families; GenRad in-circuit and functional testers; Fairchild manufacturer defects analyzer; Fluke 9100A functional tester.
MSDOS, Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Millennium, XP, CE 2.11, CE 3.0, Embedded NT, Novell, ThinClient, Microsoft Office products.
C/C++, Assembler for Intel Pentium and 80x86 family, Intel 8031/51 microcomputer family, Pascal, FORTRAN, COBOL, BASIC, Visual BASIC, Java, HTML, and batch programming.
Independent Contractor, TUT Systems, Pleasanton CA
NEC Computers, Sacramento, CA.
· Supported NEC sales and service engineers and resolved critical issues and problems in a timely fashion.
· Mentored tier 2 and 3 customer support engineers/technicians for the NEC regional call center.
· Worked on a team to set up manufacturing facilities in Alabama (SCI Systems) and South Carolina (Solectron).
· Worked with corporate customers in resolving technical problems (hardware or software).
· Performed root cause analysis of field failures to the component level, and worked with vendors to identify corrective actions and created Engineering Change Notices to implement corrective action.
· Provided engineering support for laptops, desktops and CE devices connecting to Microsoft Terminal Services.
Packard Bell/NEC, Sacramento, CA.
· Managed a team of engineers responsible for analyzing manufacturing issues and providing real-time response.
· Decreased manufacturing test time by optimizing test suites and increased yields from 89 % to 93 % by designing and refining test software and hardware.
· Worked in a team environment to integrate new products into the manufacturing test environment.
· Provided technical support for hardware and software vendors in resolving manufacturing issues.
· Developed software to identify burn-in failure mechanisms and provide repair instructions, reducing the repair cycle time by 10 %.
Principal Engineer (June 1992 to July 1996), PC Production Line Support Engineer).
· Upgraded and maintained a Novell (2000 node) network system.
· Adapted manufacturing test process to new computer technologies and customer specifications.
· Wrote test software in C/C++ and assembly language to analyze system components.
· Analyzed manufacturing and field problems to component level.
· Worked with vendors to resolve manufacturing issues.
· Developed ISO 9000 procedures.
· Developed test plans for new products and acted as an advocate for continuous improvement.
· Identified and developed processes to streamline product test cycles.
Senior Engineer (July 1990 to June 1992, Test Software Engineer).
· Developed new test software and procedures for peripheral devices.
· Applied cost-effective test principles to product test cycle.
· Evaluated new automatic functional board test technology.
· Analyzed failures for improving the test process.
· Developed ROM and disk-based test code for motherboard repair in C and assembly language.
· Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan. Major in Computer Science.
· GenRad, Fairchild and Fluke training in functional test, in-circuit test, operations, and maintenance.
· U.S. Air Force. Electronics Principles, Missile System Analyst (3ABR31630T), Technical Instructor, Instructor Methodology, Academic Instructor Course PDS code AAA-Major Command course 001.
References available on request.